The CBSS supports seven cultural projects amounting to over 400,000€ in funding for the region.
“The huge interest in this call shows the willingness and potential of the region to cooperate across borders and create new facets of regional identity”, says Maira Mora, Director General of the CBSS Secretariat.
The Project Support Facility called for projects placing culture, youth and education at the heart of the Baltic Sea Region. By the deadline of 31 March 2018, 43 applications were received.
After careful consideration, the 43 applications received by the deadline of 31 March 2018, were whittled down by the Committee of Senior Officials to the final 7 projects for which the contract negotiations are ongoing:
- Baltic Sea Festival Advisory Board (2018-2019): Lead partner: Sweden (Swedish Radio Berwaldhallen) in partnership with Finland, Latvia, Lithuania and Russia.
- Integrating Belarusian Business Studies in the Baltic Sea Region Higher Education (2018-2019): Lead partner: Finland (University of Turku) in partnership with Belarus, Germany, Latvia, and Russia.
- The Baltic Sea Region Youth Camp 2019 – an initiative for increasing youth participation (2018-2019): Lead Partner: Norway (Eastern Norway County Network as Chairman of the Baltic Sea States Subregional Cooperation (BSSSC)) in partnership with Denmark (UBC) and Poland (ERB).
- Digital approaches in cultural heritages towards a pan-Baltic cooperation network (2018-2019): Lead partner: Latvia (National Library of Latvia) in partnership with Estonia, Germany, Lithuania and Sweden.
- Nordic authors crossing borders in the Baltic States (2018-2019): Lead Partner: Denmark (The Confederation of Nordic Associations/FNF) in partnership with Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.
- Well-being residency network (2018-2020): Lead Partner: Latvia (Association Sansusī) in partnership with Finland, Russia and Sweden.
- NordicBaltic Festival Platform (2018-2019): Lead partner: Sweden (Sweden Festivals) in partnership with Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands Finland, Greenland, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway and Poland.
Read more about the projects here.
Senior Adviser for Culture and Education